WANT TO LEARN HOW TO MAKE SOURDOUGH BUT DON’T KNOW WHERE TO START?
This IS the course for you
You will learn how to:
-Make and maintain your very own sourdough starter
- Make a beautifully risen, naturally leavened loaf of bread from start to finish
- Shape and slash loaves
- Adapt your loaf's hydration level and add other ingredients to it
You will get to take home:
- A jar of our sourdough starter to feed and nurture and make your own
- A selection of Proof Bakery's sourdough recipes
- Two shaped sourdoughs (choose from our white, Simple or Multi-seed recipes) for final proofing and baking at home
- All the kit we've found most useful for making great sourdough:
---- A banneton (proofing basket)
---- A farmhouse loaf tin
---- A lame for slashing your loaves
---- Metal and plastic pastry scrapers for shaping your loaves
- A stylish custom-printed Proof Bakery shopper bag to carry everything in!
- £99 ticket without baking kit: This option is available for people who already have their own baking kit and would rather not take home the equipment provided. Please note that if you select this ticket you'll need to bring 2 bannetons and/or loaf tins (approx. 2lb capacity) to take your bread doughs home in. You'll also still get to take home our recipes and sourdough starter.
- Class size: We need a minimum of 3 people to run each class, and will issue refunds or plan to reschedule if the minimum number is not reached two weeks before the class.
- Meals: Breakfast, snacks and a delicious vegetarian lunch (with vegan options) featuring homemade soup, Proof Bakery bread and basbousa (a Syrian almond and coconut cake) will be provided. Hot drinks will be available throughout. Over lunch we will share the story of the bakery so far and may be joined by one of our refugee bakers to speak about their experiences.
- Food intolerances and allergies: Please notify us of any food allergies or intolerances at the time of booking. This class is not suitable for people with coeliac disease or significant gluten intolerances.
Ticket prices are £117.27 with kit and £98.91 without.